Sunday, February 1, 2009
What's for dinner? STUMPED
So, we are having some of our friends over for dinner tomorrow night. I am now faced with the daunting task of figuring out what to cook! Should be pretty simple, huh! But, it isn't. Not for this family, or this household exec who feeds her family at every restuarant in town and rarely in our own kitchen. I used to cook at least three times a week, and now we are lucky if I cook one meal at home a week. On the nights the girls have dance it seems that my taxi driving hits right at the time I should be preparing dinner. And, on the nights that they don't have dance (Wednesdays and weekends) I don't feel like cooking because I have been doing so much running (taxi driving). So, for this past season of our lives we have been eating out way too much. I started noticing this, so I decided to start buying some meals again from my friends' business, The Friendly Freezer (their link is on the side of the screen). This has been a huge help in allowing us to eat at home as a family. But, it doesn't help me with what is for dinner tomorrow night because...I am out of meals that I have purchased from them. And, when you have guest over don't you usually want to cook them something that you have made? So, I ask TW, "What should I make for dinner tomorrow night?" He looks dumbfounded and says, "Spaghetti!" LOL That is my standby. I can make a mean spaghetti...TW's grandma's recipe! But, it has italian sausage in it and our friends don't eat pork...so that is out! I find myself sitting here thinking how pathetic it is that the Household Executive can't even think of something to cook for guests. I will keep brainstorming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sure you already have something planned being that your dinner is tonight and it's already 1pm. But just in case you don't- you once posted a salmon recipe (A LONG TIME AGO) that looked really good. If I remember correctly you said it was easy and delish! Just thought I throw out an idea just in case :)
you also know how to make the quick version of Shrimp Etouffee - remember? Simple rice and a side of salad. you know - i was just looking at cutting boards and pot holders for you at Target the other day. isn't that funny?
Post a Comment