I had the idea to do a blog post titled this and since I had the idea I have seriously heard that song so many times. So, here we go!
I love this time of year so much. From September through the end of December is definitely my favorite time of the year. I love the changing of the seasons, the different holidays, all of the traditions, and of course all of the food! I love it so much so that on the day after Christmas I kind of have a post-Christmas blues. The let down that you have to wait so many months to hit that season again. I am cherishing everyday leading up to Christmas. This Christmas is different. So many things about our life are different right now. But, I am embracing the different better then I was before and I am so grateful for the place that God has us in our lives at this very moment. Although so many things have been taken away from us (friends and family because of distance), job security, financial freedom, our home (adjusting to a smaller home), comfort, and routine, I can definitely say that there is no other place I would rather be then right in the will of God. He has blessed us in so many ways during this transition. Not ways of the world, but His ways...and His ways are always better. I used to read that and think, "yep His ways are better," but now I fully understand what that means. And, for that reason this Christmas is different for me. I am celebrating the true meaning of the season with a full heart.
1 comment:
:0)
Post a Comment