Sunday, March 4, 2007

Don't Blend In. Blend Out!

Oprah recently had a special on ABC introducing her new Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa. It has been a long time dream of hers to open a leadership academy for underprivileged girls in Africa in order to help make a difference. I missed the show this week and was bummed, but then immediately excited to see they were airing an encore presentation on Sat. night. I entered it in my DVR and recorded it! I first watched it last night with my friend and then we watched it tonight as a family. It is a powerful hour of television!

During the program Oprah introduces you to her vision and the plans for the Academy. She also did feature sections on some of the young girls and shared a snippet of their life story. To see how bright and smiley these girls were despite their circumstances was inspiring. I learned from these little girls. Forgiveness, perseverance, courage, hope, love, faith, diligence, and work ethic were all things that we can learn from these girls! I encourage you to visit Oprah's website to learn more about the Leadership Academy, the girls, how to order the DVD, and how to get involved! This is a great thing to get your children involved in to help them see how fragile life is and how blessed they are!

Don't Blend In. Blend out!
~Lesego, student at The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls

1 comment:

EE said...

I love Oprah...I'm going to check out her website to see when this segment will be airing again.
I'd love to watch this with my family...thanks for the head's up!