Growing up my mom always had an extreme interest in birds. We had a bird feeder and she had different books that would help her identify the birds. While I thought it was neat, I didn't really get what all the hype was about for her. This Spring God has opened up my eyes to his nature in a whole new way. I am totally into birds this year. I got a hummingbird feeder for Mother's Day, it is hand blown and it is beautiful! So, TW hung it on the deck right outside the window that I look out of when I am doing dishes and cooking. He also moved our bird feeder to where I can see it as well out the window. My mom bought me a pot of mixed flowers that attract butterflies, so TW put it at the base of my bird feeder. I LOVE it! I can now see all different types of birds, the awesome beauty of hummingbirds, and then butterflies as well. I have never noticed so many butterflies as I have this year. My eyes have been opened in a whole new way. Take some time today to enjoy the beauty of God's nature around you! You just might notice something you have never noticed before!


4 comments:
A bird made her nest in my wreath on our front door this spring. Her three eggs hatched yesterday! Huey, Dewey and Louie are SO CUTE! Feel free to bring your kiddos over to meet them.
Lindsey
I hope to someday appreciate nature like you do!
when do you want to go on a hike? I'm glad you've discovered nature - it's a good thing!
When "Queenbusick" gets you to go on a hike can I go along? What about the Devil's Icebox path we used to hike at Rock Bridge state park............
What has gotten into you my "prissy" "don't want to get dirty" little girl? :)
Love, Mom
Post a Comment