Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen things that help me survive motherhood:

1. A good cup of coffee in the morning. For me, I need flavored CoffeeMate creamer to go along with my cup of joe.

2. Ziploc baggies. Yes, you read it right...ziploc baggies. They can be used for so many things. Holding snacks, storing wet wipes, sealing a dirty diaper, carrying crayons or markers, holding money, etc.

3. A sense of humor. The ability to laugh things off and keep going.

4. The sweet sound of "I love you Mommy".

5. Books. Let's face it we all could use a little advice in the parenting arena. My personal favorite is: Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood Practical Parenting from Birth to Six Years by: Jim Fay and Charles Fay
This book saved me!

6. A faithful babysitter.

7. Other moms. You will relate to your friends in a whole new way when you share the common bond of parenting. There are just some things my friends without children will never understand about me until they become a parent themselves. There is a common bond between mothers.

8. A camera. Capture the moment so you will never forget it.

9. A great life coach/counselor.

10. Perseverance. The will to outlast your child is a true art form.

11. Effexor. My anti-anxiety/anti-depression medicine.

12. Quiet time. One of my favorite times of the day is at night after everyone has gone to bed. I have no obligations. Ahhh it is refreshing.

13. Watching my children interact with other kids. I love to see who they are as a person in a social setting. I learn so much from this. My favorite is to watch when they don't even know I am there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Number 4 is my favorite!
With hugs and kisses,Mom

Unknown said...

yup - the drugs are very helpful...great list and great reminders for me..esp about other mothers - you can't even begin to understand it until you are one!

BexInTheCity said...

the family picture in the upper right hand corner... I want to see the big version of that!! you need to post some of those!

KK said...

Great list! The only one that I would add is Music! That is one of my saviors. I need to get myself a #9! Love the pic:)

EE said...

I'm reading the Love and Logic for teens...eek!!!
Great list!