A new season of Biggest Loser has started and we watched it last night. We have never really watched a full season of this show, but for some reason we have decided we are going to this season. We have it set to record the whole season on our DVR. After we got the kids to bed we snuggled up and watched the show...but we weren't empty handed. Instead we had big bowls of Mocha Brownie Trifle that I had made for our New Years Eve festivities. As I watch the teams on TV busting their butts to workout and get healthy I am stuffing my face with the most delicious dessert. It made me feel kind of guilty, but I guess not guilty enough to put the bowl down. :)
With the new year here people have asked that same question, "What is your New Years resolution?" This year I don't really have one. It seems that if I make one it just gets broken. Probably not a good excuse to at least try to make one work. I do know that I want to lead a healthier lifestyle in terms of exercise and eating. Since October I have really gone hog wild on the desserts. I am not much of a snacker; I usually don't have snacks between meals. Instead I just enjoy dessert after every meal. I know that sugar is addictive so that is one thing I will have to fight off! I made some progress in the physical activity area, I made a trip to the gym today. It has been a while since I did that. It always feels good after going, half the trouble is just getting there. We have definitely been donating money to the gym more than we have been consumers. I am hoping to make some new habits so that will change.
4 comments:
lol - I love that - we were flipping and I was thinking of eating ice cream, BigGuy hit some show that talks about the progress of really obese adults and I wanted him to change it so I wouldn't feel bad when I ate ice cream. I felt bad, but..........My resolution? Hmmm......I would like to start selling my cards and stuff.
I know what you mean about resolutions! I decided to attack the New Year by not making resolutions but looking at the past year and reflecting on the highs and low. Maybe from there I will make changes! I decided to incorporate one new habit each month and NOT make any resolutions this year!
Congrats on getting to the gym today!
My favorite time of the week is watching Biggest Loser and picking out a sweet treat! But I would like to pick up a gym habit....maybe in 09 =)
LOL!
I do more donating than consuming at our gym, too!
Post a Comment