Where have I been? I know I haven't been blogging. Been busy and am also trying to spend less time in front of the computer and more time engaged with my kids and hubby.
This past month I have been starting to be more physically active. Taking classes at the gym like Body Pump, Interval Energy, Cardio and Strength Conditioning for Chicks, Spinning, Total Body Workout, and Body Combat. You would think I have my pre-baby body back...but no! I wish! Instead I have a very sore knee! TW tried to warn me that after being sedentary for so long I should ease back into the workout scene, but no I was determined to look good and get rid of the muffin top or busted biscuit, whichever you prefer. Well, turns out that TW was right. Last Wed. night anytime I would change position while sleeping I would let out a moan because of the amount of pain I had in my right leg. The pain in the knee had now moved into the whole right leg. I limped around most of Thursday afternoon and evening. Friday the pain was out of the upper leg and just in my knee and calf. I gave the working out a rest for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I then figured I had rested enough and went back to Interval Energy on Monday night. I modified the workout to not put a lot of pressure on my knee. It still hurt and was swollen Monday night. Tried to do yoga last night thinking it would be less jarring on my joints, nope couldn't do that either. I am now declaring myself injured and am going to have to call the doctor.
On another note - TW's office put together a coed volleyball team to play in our Church league. At first I counted myself out and decided I would just watch. I have never been the sportsy type. I am not coordinated in that way at all. I have never played a sport, since T-ball. Ask me to learn a dance and I can do that in no time, coordination with a ball...that's another story. But then I thought, why not give it a chance. It is only for fun right. Well when the kids heard that I was playing, AAP could hardly believe it. She had doubts in me as well. She thought it was quite comical that I was going to play. But, play I did. I even had fun and hit the ball a few times. I did serve quite well if I may say so myself. The funny part came in AAP's prayers that night. "Thank you for letting mommy not be too bad at Volleyball." I had to hold in my laughter!
And on another note - AAP started softball this week. She is a great dancer and thoroughly enjoys that, but we also find that she is pretty good at sports as well. She went to her first practice on Monday night, she plays for TigerHawk's team, and on the way out the door she asks, "what field are we performing on?" You can take the girl out of dance, but you can't take the dancer out of the girl! :)
3 comments:
"What field are we performing on?" that is too cute!!
I have noticed you at the gym more often; keep it up you will see a difference, I promise! Just remember though it won't be overnight(feel free to use my own advice on me when I start complaining after the baby is born)!
All the drama! Love it! Don't worry R is in good company with you, she's not a sports kid & cannot throw a ball properly, which is not like her mama at all, give me that ball!!! LOL
I love it! Does this mean that I need to get trophy's at the end of the year so she can have a softball trophy to add to the dance ones:)
Post a Comment