Saturday, December 30, 2006

How can 3 kids feel like 10?

Ahhhhhhh! Yesterday after eating lunch I decided to take the girls to the Galleria to Build-a-Bear so they could spend their gift cards they got for Christmas. My hubby had to get some work done so I, little me, took all three kids to the Galleria by myself. Of course the baby screamed a majority of the way there because he was tired. Once we got there I put him in my sling and started feeding him a bottle while the girls followed me through the parking lot and into the mall like two little ducklings. Build-a-Bear was extremely crowded! Trying to keep track of three kiddos in a busy store is no small task! We survived and then headed to an area with couches and chairs so I could finish feeding my little one. In the meantime AKP drags everything out of her box that her new animal is in and then she begins to pilfer through my purse. I cut the feeding short and headed to Panera to get us a drink and snack for the drive back. Holding three drinks, a baby, my purse, two bags with bagels in them, a baby in a sling, and then helping the girls with their two big boxes from Build-a-Bear was almost comical! People were looking at me like I had three eyes! Oh, I forgot to report that while we were in the seating area I notice that AKP has green puss coming out of her eye so I call our pediatrician. Verdict: Take her to Urgent Care. So, here we go. I decide to have us all checked out because we had all been a little under the weather. No small task either! First off, AAP hates going to the doctor so bad that she cries each time. The minute I mention going to the Dr. she starts worrying. Then the baby is crying because he is hungry...yes he wants to eat again. And, AKP starts crying because she is tired and not feeling well. Fun, Fun, Fun. I had to laugh to keep my cool. I was sweating by the time we left the place! Verdict: AKP has an ear infection, I have conjunctivitis in my eye, and we all have a viral infection. However, by the time we left what I thought was going to be a two hour afternoon turned into a five hour ordeal! Whewww...I was pooped!

2 comments:

KK said...

I am finally catching up on your blogs. You have an amazing talent. There is no longer a need for me to purchase magazines because reading these are much more enjoyable. Loved all of the pics, you continue to be an amazing mom and congrats on that pudgy bunny win! It is my goal to join you in the world of blogs. love ya, Kim

Unknown said...

I did that last week too! Q & R in Build a Bear was crazy! This when I remember why mom's travel in packs!