Yesterday was AAP's Christmas program at school so I decided to dress up a little. Nothing special...just some nice jeans, a button up, and my favorite chocolate brown boots. These boots are those tall knee high boots that zip up with a pointy toe and a very high heel. The boots are not practical for any reason other than looking cute. I slightly realized the mistake in wearing these boots when I first arrived at the school and there was no parking to be found. I ended up parking in the neighborhood close by and trucking up the hill and into the school with JDP, AKP, and my big purse filled with: a diaper, wipes, binkie, wallet, calendar, medicine, digital camera, video camera, video camera charger, and an array of other things that a mother carries on her at all times. Needless to say by the time I got to the front door of the school I was out of breath and told AKP that I had just gotten my workout for the day. Note: feet are starting to ache. During the Christmas program I stood to video tape. Note: feet are starting to really ache. After the program was over we headed to her classroom and did some activities. Then the dreaded hike back to the car. This time I had a little bit of help because my hubby and parents were with me. The girls headed to my parents house with them because I had this brilliant idea that I would finish my Christmas shopping that afternoon. JDP and I head to the mall. I unload the limo size stroller I have and head from Target, where we parked, all the way down to Dillards. Note: my feet are aching badly. While walking through Dillards JDP got fussy and needed to eat. I had a great idea. I knew they had these massaging chairs out on display...you get where I am going? I headed straight there and plopped down to feed him. The feet needed the break for sure and a massage made it even better! Have you ever fed a newborn in the middle of a Department store totally relaxed in a massaging chair? That scene is priceless. I laugh just thinking about myself doing that. What a desperate woman does during motherhood! The sad thing was this was probably the best part of the day. I totally relaxed and forgot the rest of the world was there. Next time you need a free massage head to Dillards! :) Okay, so JDP is done eating and back to shopping it is. I head towards the Sears wing now. Note: my feet are now numb. Then I slowly head back to Target with stops at Gap, Eddie Bauer, Bath and Body Works, and a Jewelry store. Note: by this time with every step I take I almost want to throw up because the pain is so bad. But, I must persevere through the pain...I had shopping to do! As I am wandering through Target trying to remember everything I need I almost begin to cry. Note: I truly thought my feet were going to fall off at this point! I finally had ENOUGH! I now didn't care what I had left to do I HAD to get to the car. Now, if you know me too well it takes a lot to keep me from shopping. So, you can imagine the pain I am in. I throw the stuff in my car and as soon as I sit down I have tears in my eyes and take off the boots. I couldn't move my feet. I think they were stuck in the position from the boots. I slowly began to move them and the pain was almost worse. I drove to my parents' house bare foot. When I got there I had to sit the pain was so bad. At one point I stuck them in the refrigerator to cool them off and get some relief. Bottom line...my feet still hurt tonight! They are still tender when I walk on them. Note to self: NEVER wear those boots to the mall again...lesson learned!
Saturday, December 16, 2006
These Boots are NOT Made for Walking
Yesterday was AAP's Christmas program at school so I decided to dress up a little. Nothing special...just some nice jeans, a button up, and my favorite chocolate brown boots. These boots are those tall knee high boots that zip up with a pointy toe and a very high heel. The boots are not practical for any reason other than looking cute. I slightly realized the mistake in wearing these boots when I first arrived at the school and there was no parking to be found. I ended up parking in the neighborhood close by and trucking up the hill and into the school with JDP, AKP, and my big purse filled with: a diaper, wipes, binkie, wallet, calendar, medicine, digital camera, video camera, video camera charger, and an array of other things that a mother carries on her at all times. Needless to say by the time I got to the front door of the school I was out of breath and told AKP that I had just gotten my workout for the day. Note: feet are starting to ache. During the Christmas program I stood to video tape. Note: feet are starting to really ache. After the program was over we headed to her classroom and did some activities. Then the dreaded hike back to the car. This time I had a little bit of help because my hubby and parents were with me. The girls headed to my parents house with them because I had this brilliant idea that I would finish my Christmas shopping that afternoon. JDP and I head to the mall. I unload the limo size stroller I have and head from Target, where we parked, all the way down to Dillards. Note: my feet are aching badly. While walking through Dillards JDP got fussy and needed to eat. I had a great idea. I knew they had these massaging chairs out on display...you get where I am going? I headed straight there and plopped down to feed him. The feet needed the break for sure and a massage made it even better! Have you ever fed a newborn in the middle of a Department store totally relaxed in a massaging chair? That scene is priceless. I laugh just thinking about myself doing that. What a desperate woman does during motherhood! The sad thing was this was probably the best part of the day. I totally relaxed and forgot the rest of the world was there. Next time you need a free massage head to Dillards! :) Okay, so JDP is done eating and back to shopping it is. I head towards the Sears wing now. Note: my feet are now numb. Then I slowly head back to Target with stops at Gap, Eddie Bauer, Bath and Body Works, and a Jewelry store. Note: by this time with every step I take I almost want to throw up because the pain is so bad. But, I must persevere through the pain...I had shopping to do! As I am wandering through Target trying to remember everything I need I almost begin to cry. Note: I truly thought my feet were going to fall off at this point! I finally had ENOUGH! I now didn't care what I had left to do I HAD to get to the car. Now, if you know me too well it takes a lot to keep me from shopping. So, you can imagine the pain I am in. I throw the stuff in my car and as soon as I sit down I have tears in my eyes and take off the boots. I couldn't move my feet. I think they were stuck in the position from the boots. I slowly began to move them and the pain was almost worse. I drove to my parents' house bare foot. When I got there I had to sit the pain was so bad. At one point I stuck them in the refrigerator to cool them off and get some relief. Bottom line...my feet still hurt tonight! They are still tender when I walk on them. Note to self: NEVER wear those boots to the mall again...lesson learned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You should only wear prada. That's the only shoe I'll wear! :)
You've been tagged...(I think by me & Tina both!)
You are to write about your most recent indulgence!
When you stopped by our house and mentioned your feet were sore.....I had no idea!!! Sorry!!!
Ugg boots would have been more comfortable but not as cute. You did look really cute that day. Love the new haircut. Dad and I think you should be a writer for a magazine. Hey, your little sister attended the "J" school.....maybe she can give you some pointers. Keep on writing, we enjoy reading your blog.
Lott of love, Mom
just what part of the fridge did you put your feet in? sorry....laughed too hard at that one....
Post a Comment