I have continually indulged myself with the cookies since the time they were made! I just can't make myself stop eating them. Then today on the front porch was the most pleasant surprise. Our neighbor had made a plate full of different Christmas cookies and candies for us to enjoy. I immediately scoured the plate to find what I might like the most and I began to indulge again. But then I stopped myself! This nonsense must end! I decided to take the treat to my husband's office for them to enjoy...and to save myself a pound or two. :)This fall I took Beth Moore's Bible Study, Daniel. It really spoke to how indulgent our society is and how we as a society feel as though we are entitled to so many different things. Often these things only bring us temporary pleasure which then only leads us to want/need to indulge ourselves again. Being tagged with the question what have you "indulged" in has been yet another reminder to me to always be aware of my actions. While eating the cookies isn't bad...it is the staring at the plate as though I am a starved orphan and scarfing down half the plate that is bad. Not necessarily bad for you, but bad for me. Bad because it leaves me wanting even more!
1 comment:
Since you are having a sweet treat indulgence perhaps we should opt out of making holiday candies this week...:) Let's take the kids to see the movie Happy Feet instead. Of course it's just not right to go to the movies and not have lots of buttery popcorn and a soda. Keep writing! Love, Mom
Post a Comment