Monday, July 16, 2007

Not So Encouraging

TW saw an infomercial while we were down at the lake that was advertising a new workout and fitness plan. He was sold...hook, line, and sinker. TW ordered the program P90X for us and vowed it would change our bodies forever. I think I was putting bubby down for a nap when this was all happening so I didn't get to see much of the advertisement. I agreed to the program without knowing what I was getting myself into. The program came last week. I read through the nutrition book and I have been eating my way through this program for a week now. The first 30 days are low carb high protein. Okay, I LOVE my carbs. Taking carbs away from me is torture. But, I have done very well to sticking with the plan. We started the workouts on Saturday. Let me just say that they kick my butt. For one SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) who is out of shape and gets winded just running up the stairs, this program is like going to boot camp. I have never done so many push ups and different types of push ups in my life! So, after the 55min. workout of alternating push ups and pull ups (I did a moderated version by using a band and not a pull up bar) I was sweating my butt off and thought...whew done for the day. OH NO MAMA! AbRipperX was next. 16 min. of Ab Hell! Then yesterday was plyometrics. One hour of jumping. Different moves that you would never dream of! And today, more arm work! Yesterday, while I am jumping myself around the living room in shorts and a sports bra, sucking air, AAP says, "Mom you don't look any skinnier!" Well thanks for the encouragement, you could at least lie! Kids are too honest. I am beating my body up and then to hear those words chime out of her little 6 year old mouth. I must say I didn't take it too bad and TW was quick to stick up for me. But, I do agree with her to some point. This is why I throw the bag in on working out and eating right. I feel like I don't get results quick enough. Even just the third day of following the meal plan I thought, "Geez, I have been eating healthy for three days, shouldn't I see a little change, I mean throw me a freaking bone here baby." I know, I know, I know, it takes time. Patience is a virtue. I must remind myself. I will continue to keep on keeping on in hopes of having a ripped body in the end.

5 comments:

EE said...

LOL!!! My kids would totally say that.
Good luck with your program!!!

Jeremy said...

Just think 90 days! We only have 86 more to go. By the way, if anyone else is reading this... don't be fooled, she is doing a phenomenal job on these workouts!!! She has been very impressive and I'm proud of her hard work!

CrazyDeb said...

Kids may be honest but I believe Jeremy! Bet you are doing great and will be surprised at the end of a week or two! Good going!!!

mistihollrah said...

sounds like something i need to do!

good luck!

Anonymous said...

Wow - how did you get this photo of me?