Thursday, February 1, 2007

Grey's Anatomy

I absolutely love this show! It is the one show I watch without fail each week. I am so into it! Tonight, in case you don't watch, a young girl (I am guessing around 12 or 13) came into the free clinic because she had started her period. Her father brought her in so that they could teach her how to handle all of the "equipment" needed for this new stage in her life. The girl ended up confessing to the Dr. that she had sex and she had wondered if she could be pregnant. The Dr.'s response was great but I found it to be surprising for TV in our society. Dr. Bailey went on to lovingly and sternly tell the girl that she should not be having sex and that if she continued to have sex that she would probably end up with an STD and could get pregnant. This was the surprise to me. I was glad to see her preach abstinence instead of condoms. I thought this was a great message for any of the younger viewers that may be watching. It seems like condoms are pushed so heavily over abstinence and to see a very popular show go with absinence was refreshing.

No comments: