Have you ever had one of those really great weekends? We did this past weekend. There was no huge event that made it so great, and maybe that is exactly why it felt so great. Friday night the girls performed, along with their team, at my parents' Christmas party. After leaving there I dropped AA off at a birthday sleepover and we headed home. Saturday morning we woke up to the most beautiful snow falling! I loved sitting at the kitchen table, drinking my coffee, watching it snow. It looked so peaceful! We, as a family, then ventured out in the snow and headed to the mall. TW's idea of the right amount of time at the mall and my idea of the right amount of time at the mall are apparently way different. :) He was getting restless along with bubby so we ended at Target doing some shopping for some kiddos we sponsored for Christmas. Then it was back home. We all had some quiet time and I got a quick little nap in. The girls and I then made peanut butter balls and then we had family movie night. Sunday morning we headed to church and then went to eat. Back home we headed in hopes of making a snowman family, but the snow wasn't quite the right consistency for making a snowman. So, instead we headed back inside to decorate ginger bread houses. AA and I teamed up and TW and AK teamed up. Fun times! Then off to my parents' house for a quick dinner and back home for another family movie night.
It was fun. Many times I felt myself living in the moment and just taking it all in. I knew that one day I would look back at those memories and miss them, so I made the most of each moment. I hope you find time in this busy season to slow down and enjoy the moment!


6 comments:
What a fun Saturday! I love days like that! Enjoy them!
Misti
dba The Friendly Freezer
(just realized that I was logged onto the FF email account!)
I have a great memory of your family from this weekend. Standing at the Info Center I looked over as you all walked in. Bubby with that adorable hat heading towards Rod and Rod picking him up. The girls, equally adorable, seemed happy to see Rod, too. Your whole family just seemed really happy to be there and that warms my heart like you can't imagine.
What beautiful pictures and memories! I am going to have to live through your family for a while! Do you think maybe I could pretend like jj (jeremy jr.) was mine for a night? Not that I wouldn't want the girls, but they would spoil my imaginary world by calling me Lynne. =) Hope to play with you guys soon!
Fabulous day! I am with you on the snow, it was absolutely delightful! One of these days I will make a slide show!
I love these types of weekends too. You just wander from one thing to the other and it is all wonderful. Cute Gingerbread Houses too!
Looks like you all had an awesome time!
This year I have been able to sit back and enjoy for the first time EVER!!!!
I missed Bubby on Saturday night in the nursery.
Post a Comment